From Ashes is a 2D puzzle-platformer and shooter, taking place in a war-torn city in the near future. The player takes the role of Lilith, a prodigal Rebel soldier, who must take on dangerous missions in order to sway the odds in favor of her side, learning more and more about the effects of the war on all parties involved as she does.
You can download and play it here.
Dynamic 2-D shadow algorithm
Figuring out how to implement this was an interesting geometry problem. More details here.
- Written in C++ and Python
- Runs on Windows, MacOS, and Linux
- Uses SDL2’s 2-D rendering API, with some direct use of OpenGL
This project was created for the UCLA Collaborative Game Development club.
- Marek Pokorny (me): General game engine programming, visual effects
- John Lee: General game engine programming, object scripting, artwork
- Elijah Agbayani: AI programming
- Matt Fabius: Story, artwork, and level design